Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Looking for Mr (Bob) Goodbar

Don't know how many times I have wandered around the centre of Linköping, looking for strange figures connected to Bubble Trouble and Urban Invasion. No Bob, Bud, or Alien invaders what I could see. But as time went by I started to see things, things I would have just missed before. Maybe Urban Fantasy is right? Maybe there is a parallell world just among us that we don't normally see, unless they want us to see it?

But I did not see what I wanted. I tried to phish for leads but the vision got no clearer. Finally I got the final clue that made me open my eyes and REALLY see. With an open mind you will see things you are not looking for.

Coming that far it was a piece of a cake to get the coordinates, or rather, the cold (-15) made me enter a shop to stand there and get some warmth.  There was a time that the winter did not bother me, but that was before geoCaching (which seems ages ago). And it's the cold that is really biting me. I do really understand those who move abroad during winter.


But eventually I headed to make the logging. The place was matching its attributes so stealth required me to spend some more time outside just waiting for an opportunity. I even run into another cacher (fayoh) who asked what I was doing there. "Geocaching.", I said, " Need to get my daily dose." "What!" He exclaimed. "In this cold?" He shaked his head and headed for the warmth.

At last I got a chance to check out point zero. Testing the alternative hiding spots I drew a blank, and the cold was really starting to get at me. These after-work is not like the after-skiis, sitting in a nice and warm Alp bar, drinking warm toddies. Instead, running around in -15 with not enough to warm yourself; although the hands is what takes most pain. 


So, eventually I gave up and got home. At home I started to make some Massaman Curry with Jasmin Rice. The recepie said to add some Piri Piri to taste if you wanted some spice. I had none so instead I had bought a Chili Mix from where I took a yellow short I did not know and started slicing. "Maybe I should remove the seeds?" I thought, and so I did, but first I wanted to try it to see if it was strong enough and just tasted a small piece. "Blimey that's hot!" I can still feel its sting several hours later. It seems it might have been a Scotch bonnet. So, just a half of that and no seeds.

After food it was time to ask the cache owner about the hiding spot. It seems I was at the right place, and located the hiding spot, but the physical cache had gone to the fjords... So, a new physical cache will be put up soon. But waiting for that I log this as solved and found. I can add my signature to the new log book eventually.

At last I have found this cache that has been bugging me for so long. But still 60+ in Linköping to go before all question marks has been changed into stars.
Next stop will be to go alien hunting....

No comments:

Post a Comment